A special shout-out and thank you to Bianca at Lifeatture for the nomination!
I am honored and it means a lot to me! Thanks again!
There are 11 questions I must to answer, then I will be sharing 11 facts about myself, and last, I will be nominating another 11 blogs to do the same!
Questions for me from Bianca:
- How long have you been blogging? I have been writing my whole life; however, I started blogging about 5 years ago. I was caring for both of my parents and my blog became an outlet for me.
- What made you pick the topic(s) you blog about? I blog about a lot of things and right now there is no set topic. When I started this particular blog it was intended to be a forum for sharing short stories and other creative writing works; but suddenly I was overwhelmed by ideas and thoughts about various things and eventually this blog represented a Hodge podge of thoughts and feelings on a day to day basis.
- Do you prefer the snow & cold weather or warm & sunny weather? Definitely warm and sunny weather. I can’t stand the cold and I would prefer to be standing in sand on a beach instead of snow in my front yard.
- What’s your ultimate goal in life? I would like to make my living blogging and writing for the rest of my life. It’s what makes me happy and there are times I am surprised at the thoughts roiling around in my head.
- If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? Either Hawaii or Australia. I would love to visit both.
- What are your hobbies? Writing, music, reading, concert-hopping in the summer
- What’s the last book you read? I used to have several books going at one time; however the last book I read was The Orphaned Adult: Understanding and Coping With Grief And Change After The Death Of Our Parents by Alexander Levy. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the desire in the last few months to read as much as I used to but I’m getting there.
- What couldn’t you live without? My friends, family and my cats
- Which is your favorite social media: Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter? I’m a social media junkie and Facebook was always my “go to” page; however, lately I’ve really gotten involved with Twitter.
- What’s your favorite animal? – Cat – I have 2!
- Favorite movie of all time? I love old movies and I think my favorite movie of all time is a toss-up between Imitation of Life (the remake –not the original) starring Lana Turner and Sandra Dee and Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner with Spencer Tracy and Kathryn Hepburn. I had to include the latter because Spencer Tracy’s final speech gives me the chills and makes me bawl like a baby.
11 Random Facts about Myself:
- I can be a bit OCD. I like things a certain way and in a certain order and sometimes I get on my own nerves!
- I was an extra in a made for HBO movie called Iron-Jawed Angels starring Hillary Swank and Patrick Dempsey. Although the concept was exciting, it is something I will never do again.
- I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout.
- My favorite car is a purple Volkswagen convertible with a white top. (I really really want one!)
- My mom took me to the television show Romper Room when I was a kid. I cried the whole time and spit up on the host.
- I am a Walking Dead junkie!
- I collect magnets and shot glasses (the latter to keep up my mom’s tradition)
- I lived in Boston, Mass for 2 years, but I am a southern girl at heart.
- I constantly make up quotes in my head and keep a list of them on my phone.
- I sucked as a high school student, but went to college later in life and graduated with honors, earning both my Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees
- I never forget a face. Do you know how annoying it is to be watching something on television and recognize someone who played in a crowd scene on another show? LOL
11 Blogs I nominate:
- A Beauty and Health Journey
- Joy’s Travel
- Indrashish Mitra
- Earned Grace
- Linda Ikeji’s Blog
- Mrs. Daaku Studio
- The NY Scene
- Just Jalisa Dot Com
- A Fashionholic’s Life
If you were nominated: 11 Questions for the Nominees to answer. Remember, the 6 simple rules are above! Thanks and blog on! 🙂
- What is your favorite time of day?
- If you could be granted one wish, what would that be?
- Name 3 things you must have if you were stranded on a desert island?
- When it comes to cravings, do you prefer sweet or salty?
- What is your morning drink (if any) – coffee or tea?
- What is your favorite genre of television; i.e, drama, comedy, reality?
- How many photos are on your cell phone right now?
- What is one thing you want your readers to learn from your blog?
- What is your favorite song?
- What was the last concert you went to?
- Is there a habit or vice you have that you wish you could break? If so, what?
Now readers, I ask a favor of you, please check out all of the above blogs and drop a comment and subscribe to their blogs. I bet they would return the favor if you are also a blogger!